Sunday 14 August 2011

Diners Drive-Ins and Dives ---Restaurant reviews

So, on our trip we went to three different Diners Drive-Ins and Dives restaurants!

First we headed south to Duluth, Minnesota to a diner called Duluth Grill. The food at the Duluth Grill was alright I didn't much enjoy my chicken fingers but I loved the fries!

The main reason we went to the Duluth Grill was for the pies! They had lots of different pies such as blueberry, lemon, strawberry, coconut and banana cream! We ordered the banana cream and the strawberry pie! They were absolutely delicious!! We all loved the pies like crazy!!!

Here's what the banana cream pie looked like!

                                                    BEFORE

                                             AFTER
Looks good doesn't it! That was my choice! Mom and Dad let Thea and I choose two pies for the four of us to share! Now here's what Thea chose, the strawberry pie!


                                       BEFORE
                                           AFTER
Now, the hard part, I give Duluth Grill ***1/2 out of five stars!


For the next place, we're staying in Duluth we're just going to another part of town to visit  a breakfast place with two names, here is Chester Creek Cafe  At Sara's Table. This restaurant was awesome! Except for the fact that the night before we went on a bike thing with four seats and the restaurant benches were wooden so they really hurt my butt! Back to the breakfast, Thea and I each had a huge pancake. I could only eat 1/2 of mine but Thea was able to demolish about 3/4 of her pancake!

                                                                    Here's my pancake!

                       These are the sirups! On the left it's maple sirup and the right is beer sirup!
Alright now I give Chester Creek/At Sarah's Table ****1/2 out of  five stars!

Now to St.Paul, Minnesota for a place called The Blue Door Pub! The Blue Door Pub is a loveable dive that serves burgers with the cheese in the inside! it was pretty good all though the cheese wasn't much to my liking and it wasn't the best burger I've tasted but it was still really good! With my burger instead of getting fries I got Tater Tots! They were delicious!!!

                                                Here's a picture to prove it!

                                   Thea, like usual, had a root beer and I just had to get a picture!

So, we had a great time and Dad bought himself a T-shirt, no surprise there!!!


I give the Blue Door Pub **** out of five stars! 



                          At two out of the three diners restaurants we went to we saw this:


2 comments:

  1. Awesome reviews! I loved your "Kiera-ish" commentary that shone through bright and clear! Of all of those Triple D's - the pie from your first stop looks the most amazing. mmmm. Pie!

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burger looks disgusting but I think the pies looked amazing! I love it that you are including pictures with your reviews. It helps me get a picture of what you were doing and I loved the thought of your cute little tush sitting on a hard wooden bench!

    ReplyDelete